Nation Game

the forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dawn of Worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 am

I mentioned this in the OOC thread, but to ensure it gets seen and doesn't get skipped by someone skimming the post, I'd like to put it here.

On /tg/ we've been playing a game called Dawn of Worlds. We use a slightly modified form of the original rules, though RAW is better suited to this board due to its use of the d6.

Basically, everyone plays a god. The game is divided into three ages, defined by the cost of each power, which change to represent what you're intended (but not required) to do in each age.

In the First Age, you design the world. You take the basic map and modify it however you like, expending points with each hex you change.
In the Second Age, you create sentient races and control your own creations (as well as those of others) to do whatever you want them to do.
In the Third Age, inter-civilization relationships become the focus. I have never gotten this far, so I'm unsure how it plays out.

There are other things you can do, too, such as creating an Avatar to serve as a physical manifestation of your will.

The game feels a bit like NationGame and I think if we can figure out the length of a turn, it will work quite well here. And it's not like it's unprecedented to have a subforum for a different game created. Additionally, it'll provide a nice change of pace from NationGame, since too much of a good thing makes it stale, and no one seems to want to play Diplomacy (not to mention Syrnn seems to have disappeared).

View user profile

2 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am

I don't get it, we the gods have our own worlds, can interfere with each others, and do anything for the purpose of imagination?

View user profile

3 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 am

Lord of the Brothers wrote:I don't get it, we the gods have our own worlds, can interfere with each others, and do anything for the purpose of imagination?

We play with a hex grid.
We all have the same world, and we shape it in our image. We're allowed to dick around with everyone's creations if we want to, but we have to establish a religious sect to mess with a civilization.

View user profile

4 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:19 am

Seems very easy to grasp. Basketball

View user profile

5 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 am

I demand a copypasta of the rules to a post here. Because I'm horribly lazy.

View user profile

6 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:29 am

FireBlaze wrote:I demand a copypasta of the rules to a post here. Because I'm horribly lazy.

Too much to paste, but here's the gist of it, as we play it on /tg/, except we use a d10 instead of 2d6 (I was mistaken when I said RAW would suit us, I meant we could use the intended number of dice).

You gain 2d6 power points every turn. You also gain bonus points for ending a turn below 5 points; if you end a turn at 4 or fewer points, you get a +1 bonus. If you end the next turn at 4 or fewer, it increases to +2. This bonus CAPS AT +3. It is also LOST the next time you end a turn ABOVE five.

There's a table with a list of powers, and their cost depending on the Age. We houserule that modifying geography costs 1 point per hex in the First Age, but otherwise we use the regular costs (may or may not change this back to vanilla cost due to increased point reserves from 2d6). Eventually you'll create races, which you can command using your points. They can build cities, raise armies, go to war, etc.

You can also create an Avatar to serve as a physical manifestation of your will in the world. Usually our Avatar is a monster of some sort, but it doesn't really matter; it can even be multiple individuals acting as a group. Avatars can perform several tasks at a reduced point cost, and you can even use your Avatar ONCE to create a race.

View user profile

7 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I only read a bit, but this sounds cool.

Oh, and FYI, I can add new dice upon request. Razz

EDIT: I created a forum for this, as you can see, with Premier as moderator. Good luck.

View user profile http://nationgame.forum-motion.com

8 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks for the subforum, bro. I've got grand strategy games to play atm, but I'll try and pull some people in from /tg/ later today or tomorrow.

Also why is my avatar different.

View user profile

9 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:57 pm

kobo1d

I might give it a go, try my hand at this.

View user profile

10 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Premier Cherdenko wrote:Also why is my avatar different.

lol

I was testing something. Very Happy

View user profile http://nationgame.forum-motion.com

11 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Im in.

View user profile

12 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm down

View user profile

13 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:19 pm

I'll do it, not sure if my little vassal friend will though.

View user profile

14 Re: Dawn of Worlds on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 pm

^^^

stfu n00b XD

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum