Nation Game

the forums


You are not connected. Please login or register

Nation Game 4: Diplomacy (Setting/Fluff) Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]


The Council replies to the hoods swiftly by means of courier.
"Your assistance is welcome.
Reports indicate 'Springy'`s location as being the east coast (40, 54).
It is likely they have a vessel of some make offshore.
Expect resistance.

The Council of Ten"

View user profile

kobo1d

avatar
Moderator
Many in House Illumin is intrigued by the recent technological innovations made by House Anralette. Most intriguing was the prospect of Power Armor, the means of which to create such a man-made marvel were thought to be lost during the great collapse.

Zacharia Illumin, a self-labeled artificer himself, is considered the leading expert in the Illumin household. Incapable of reproduction, and thus a dead-end in Illumin lineage, he has never bothered much with the great game, instead devoting himself to the lost art of science.

After obtaining blueprints for the power armor, he comes away greatly impressed. He thinks he has perhaps improved the design with better raw materials from which to construct it. It may be possible for House Illumin to supply the required materials (d), in return for a moderate investment (1 gold per turn).

View user profile
The Hooded Brothers send two shipments of "d" too The House of Illumin, in exchange for two gold.

View user profile

kobo1d

avatar
Moderator
The Hooded Brothers appear with a caravan of "d".

"Sirs, we appreciate your offer, but we have vast quantities of this stuff right here in our backyard! That's quite a good price your asking, but we simply have no additional need for it. Might I suggest another House?"

View user profile
"Sorry for the inconvenience, what house is in need of the supply, we were told to give these supplies to one of the houses but, were not given an exact location."

View user profile

kobo1d

avatar
Moderator
"Perhaps the Oaen to our West might be looking for some? They've got tons of their staple crop!"

(OOC: I was looking to trade my d away, not import some.)

View user profile
(Oh! I thought I was getting easy gold! Very Happy )
_____________________________________________________________________________

"Alright, we'll bring the "d" there, again sorry for the miss order."

View user profile
Hmmm, Today is grey and cloudy i don't like the feel of the wind. Perhaps i should practice another ritual, ah well back to business. House Oaen is now offering there finest *c* for sale. We open our markets to the world, all are welcome.

View user profile
The Hooded members of the caravan are informed of the new offer written by the House of Oaen, and bring their supplies of "d" with the, along with a new deal.

"Dear members of The House of Oaen,
We are willing to trade you some of our "d" for some of you're "c".
Written by
the Chapter of the Hawk."

View user profile
Hmm.. This is some fine quality *d* you have here, The trade is agreed upon, you shall have our *c* for your *d*.

View user profile
The Hooded Brother was happy that there *d* was not carried all the way to the west for nothing. They returned to the capital, and the members of "The Hall of Justices" rejoiced.
Now the Brothers send shipments of *d* regularly to the House of Oaen, in exchange for there *c*.

View user profile
Shipments of drugs start moving overseas to House Illumin. No one knows exactly what's in the crates, and no one is going to check. Nor is anyone quite sure what's coming in from Illumin, but they know Mr. Black wants it, and that's enough for the dock workers.

Last month, the Organization tightened its grip on its island; Church officials were pushed into "clean" regions of certain territories, and the Black Knights moved in to secure the rest of it. In addition, a detachment of Black Knights was sent across to the mainland to secure a small outpost for the Organization; this month's expedition returned unsuccessful, having been driven out by the natives. Nobody's heard from them since they gave their reports. This month, the Knights were also less successful "relocating" Church officials in other parts of the island.

View user profile
Rollin for 368, 367 , 296 and 297. In that order.

Writing fluff later.

View user profile
The member 'ThePlankO'wood' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'Six Faces' : 3, 4, 4, 1

View user profile
Damn, well at least I get the reasorce.

View user profile
Defenders push into nearby chaotic regions, attempting to drive the outlaw raiders from the lands.

They are met with a stalemate on all but one front, succeeding in capturing a single territory (41).

The Sect announces another astronomical discovery: LIGHTNW 5345, a large hydrogen-helium body approximately 8 lightyears from Mars.

View user profile

kobo1d

avatar
Moderator
Zacharia Illumin has been found dead in his laboratory beneath his home in Maybury 104. Initial reports suggest one of his experiments went awry, upon testing his "improvements" to Anralette power armor technology, he reportedly purposefully had himself kicked his prize stallion, Buckaroo. Evidence suggest his improvements were unsuccessful, as the elderly man likely died from horse-related injuries to the chest. Though currently under investigation, it is likely to be ruled an "accident."

In other news, Katherine Illumin, known both for her striking good looks and propensity to travel the world, who is frequently listed as the most influential women in world politics, has gone missing. Details of her disappearance are still vague, but for such a high-profile person to disappear into thin air has led many to ask questions.

View user profile
{assuming the above is public knowledge}
The Council of Ten give their condolences to House Illumin. They promise to inform patrols within the Sect to keep an eye out for her, regardless of how unlikely it would be for her to be within Sect lands.

View user profile
"Nobodies, Frank?"
"Nobodies, 'arry."
"You're tellin' me, that a bunch of people with no 'istory, and not even a very brief description of who they are and what the bloody 'ell they're doin', have muscled in on a batch of Firewater to the south of me, and are now insistin' it's theirs?"
"Not only that, 'arry. They're imposin' regulations on the firewater so that we can't get a stake in it."
"Regulations? On the one fuckin' thing that's actually LEGAL on this planet? Frank, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna round up everyone who's been sittin' on their arses for the last 3 'and a 'alf months, we're gonna put a sword in their hands and we're gonna take back MY FUCKIN' FIREWATER
"Shall I round up the generals, 'arry?"
"Yes, Frank. Tell 'em their priority is to not 'arm any women or children, and to allow the enemy to retreat. I just wanna make it clear that this isn't about bloodshed, it's about keepin' what's rightfully mine when some nobody drops in and tries to claim it."
"'arry, 'ow are ya gonna do that?"
"You'll see, frank. Get me in touch with the newspapers."

---

Territorial Dispute!
The Noble house of Harry Bourne disputes the claim placed upon land 399 by house Lanun.
Lord Bourne insists that he was there first, and points out that any group of migrants could easily have started further south. Lord Bourne also notes the large tracts of land in the south have ample Firewater, which would be of great use to any person who settles there, and would allow said settlers to quench their thirst without unfairly making claims on other Houses's resource bundles.

(OOC: A nation with 4 posts and no descriptive fluff plops itself down adjacent to me and claims my resource tile. What would -you- do? Razz)

View user profile
The messenger grunted, the oars quickly dipping in and out of the river. Shrouded in the cover of darkness, he takes his hand off the oar, moving it instinctively to the satchel sprawled out on the floor of the raft. Glancing away from the water, he squints, the vague shapes of the other side appearing on the horizon. Grinning, he doubles his pace, the oars slapping down on the water.

Reaching the shore, he drags the raft ashore, reaching into his satchel to pull out a pair of binoculars from deep within its folds. Grabbing up his satchel, he makes his way up a nearby hill, stopping as he reaches the crest. Peering through the binoculars, he quickly picks up on a nearby town, lit up by a thousand flashing lights.

Having made his way there with nothing significant happening whatsoever, he takes a tentative look around him, before ducking into a nearby alley. Walking three steps in, he taps on the wall to his right, a tap from the other side quickly following. A small slit opens up, a gruff man standing on the other side.

"Whaddya want?" He says, peering down at the messenger with murderous eyes.

"I need to speak with Bennie the Toad, He's got connections I need."

"Yeah, whaddabout it?"

"I just want to ask him if he could pass a message up the chain"

"You can ask, but I don't think he'll wannta hear it," He states reluctantly, slowly opening the door as he speaks. "He's just down the hall over there. But don't say I didn't warn ya."

Quickly making his way down the hall, the messenger knocks on the door, another eerily gruff voice answering him.

"Who is it? That you again Coop?"

"No"

"Well then come in, just mind the powder".

Seizing the opportunity, the messenger walks in, his face only showing a sliver of disgust as he sees a fat man sprawled across a couch, two old hookers circling the giant mound of powder on his stomach viciously. Grunting, the fat man slowly picks himself up, the powder falling off his stomach and onto the floor.

"Whadda want?"

"I need you to pass something up the chain, to the big man."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because you like living too much to not."

"Fine, I'll do it. What is it?"

"My lord wishes for me to give him this message" He says, pulling the letter out of his satchel.

"Oh yeah? Lemme see what it says" He snorts, quickly grabbing the letter out of his hands. Ripping open the folds, his eyes dart across the paper, which reads-


House Bourne-
Instead of fighting needlessly, I suggest that we simply split the lands, which is what I had in mind. We get the south of the river, you can have the bountiful north. We'll even give you the firewater, no strings attached!

What do you feel about that?


(OOC: Sorry, I was busy with some exams yesterday/today, so I didn't have time to write any fluff, I just didn't want to miss a turn. And forgive me for any lacking quality on this work, I was trying to write it in a hurry. )



Last edited by FireBlaze on Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sprucing the post up, adding some stuff.)

View user profile
John Estic, a Hooded Brothers spy, watched as settlers entered the 401 territory with disgust. He un-slung his Barret 50.caliber and used the scope to view all of the settlers. He saw the insignia of The House Lanun, he took out his Long range com and slipped back into some brush.

"Command, this is Sergeant Estic, settlers from the House Lanun have entered the 401 territory, connecting them the Large sea. Permission to engage? Over"

"Estic, this is command, negative on that request, return to the main land. Over"

Estic rushed down to the water and uncovered his boat, he then raced across to the "Chapter of the Shark, to give the Marine and Naval forces and idea of the zone.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Hooded Brothers have decided to put up a naval blockade around the territory, until further noted.

View user profile
FireBlaze wrote:
House Bourne-
Instead of fighting needlessly, I suggest that we simply split the lands, which is what I had in mind. We get the south of the river, you can have the bountiful north. We'll even give you the firewater, no strings attached!

What do you feel about that?
Ehh, I'd rather secure the two f tiles. If you wanna resolve this peacefully I'll just colonise some other territory (maybe 396?) and trade it to you for the f at 399.
Fighting is indeed needless in most cases, but right now you just started right up against a resource tile and next to me when there are plenty of the bloody things south of you!
It reeked of Hostile Action to me - why start near 2 f resources and box me in when there are 10 to your south, that could be taken without brushing shoulders with anyone? I know you may be in a bit of a hurry to put up public notices to your House's lore but geez bro, at least check the map. Razz

View user profile
The Hooded Brothers are going to call of there blockade at the ennd of this turn, and hope that the House of Lanun didn't take it as a personal affair.

View user profile
The Organization pulls out of its coastal territory and moves into a different one, previously held by the Fist. Word on the street is that territory's been swapped; no one from the Organization will confirm or deny it.

In other news, the Black Knights continue to push Church officials into segregated areas in other parts of the Island as the Organization's influence grows.

View user profile
Well, if Fireblaze isn't being hostile I guess I'll just trade for the f tile.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum