Nation Game

the forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map

What type of map would you like for Nation Game 2?

19% 19% [ 4 ]
33% 33% [ 7 ]
5% 5% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 3 ]
14% 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 am

kobo1d

It may still be a bit away, but I would like to begin kicking around ideas for Nation Game 2 early, so we don't have any downtime in between games. I think to determine what type of game we will run next time, we should just vote on the key issues. First up is the choice of map.

So what type of map would you like to play on next time? Multiple choice, pick 3-ish.

View user profile

2 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 am

I would like to see a generated non earth map of some kind

View user profile

3 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 am

if anyone here has played the Armageddon campaign for warhammer 40k there is a map of it there... i would not mind scanning it and turning into one of these sytles of map.. its up to you guys tho

View user profile

4 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:51 pm

kobo1d

minotaur wrote:I would like to see a generated non earth map of some kind

This sounds pretty cool, like this type of generator?

His Majesty The King wrote:if anyone here has played the Armageddon campaign for warhammer 40k there is a map of it there... i would not mind scanning it and turning into one of these sytles of map.. its up to you guys tho

What type of map is it, like a whole Galaxy?

Personally: I voted Euro/Med/NAf, Pangaea, and other (a random earth-like world sounds pretty good).

View user profile

5 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 pm

kobo1d wrote:
minotaur wrote:I would like to see a generated non earth map of some kind

This sounds pretty cool, like this type of generator?

His Majesty The King wrote:if anyone here has played the Armageddon campaign for warhammer 40k there is a map of it there... i would not mind scanning it and turning into one of these sytles of map.. its up to you guys tho

What type of map is it, like a whole Galaxy?

Personally: I voted Euro/Med/NAf, Pangaea, and other (a random earth-like world sounds pretty good).

i will scan and post it later...

View user profile

6 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm

If you guys want to do a fantasy map, some maps I've collected are here. Only some of them are complete world maps, and thus usable for this type of game, however.

If we do a fantasy map I'd prefer it if we could have the setting be a generic high fantasy as well. I don't fear it getting stale, seeing as how we managed to make even boring old Earth interesting.

Last edited by McStevie on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the freaking link. >.<)

View user profile

7 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 pm

McStevie wrote:If you guys want to do a fantasy map, some maps I've collected are here. Only some of them are complete world maps, and thus usable for this type of game, however.

If we do a fantasy map I'd prefer it if we could have the setting be a generic high fantasy as well. I don't fear it getting stale, seeing as how we managed to make even boring old Earth interesting.

boring old earth... obviously you have never met a power crazed pope with ambitions of world domination... but then again... how many of those have we met

View user profile

8 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

kobo1d

His Majesty The King wrote:
McStevie wrote:If you guys want to do a fantasy map, some maps I've collected are here. Only some of them are complete world maps, and thus usable for this type of game, however.

boring old earth... obviously you have never met a power crazed pope with ambitions of world domination... but then again... how many of those have we met

Or a horde of unexplained, intrinsically idiotic green ur-people living in mountains, deserts, and caves, clamoring for acceptance among the greater race of the world.

But obviously I would be so down for generic fantasy nation game. Has anyone here played Fall from Heaven? Cool

EDIT@McStevie: It looks like "NarthaineMap" would be the easiest to section up and recolor.

Last edited by kobo1d on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

9 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 pm

kobo1d wrote:
His Majesty The King wrote:

Or a horde of unexplained, intrinsically idiotic green ur-people living in mountains, deserts, and caves, clamoring for acceptance among the greater race of the world.

But obviously I would be so down for generic fantasy nation game. Has anyone here played Fall from Heaven? Cool

nope but i would be down for a fantasy setting as well

View user profile

10 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:47 pm

why is everyone in here, dont we still have a game goin on???

View user profile

11 durka durk allah jihad on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:43 pm

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6747/blankv.png
take some provinces of it and we have a fine map

View user profile

12 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:45 am

How the hell is there 17 votes?

View user profile

13 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 am

mistamon wrote:How the hell is there 17 votes?
Don't mind me, just lurkan. dododo

View user profile

14 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 am

mistamon wrote:How the hell is there 17 votes?

It's approval voting. You vote for all idea which you like.

View user profile

15 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:07 pm

im down for a european map, i'd like to have it set in a fantasy time though

Last edited by Montgomery on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

16 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Montgomery wrote:im down for a european map, i'd like to have it set in a ww2-modern day timline though

that is the time frame we are in currently...lol

i say WWI era or fantasy setting

View user profile

17 Re: Nation Game 2: To Pick A Map on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 am

North America, N.G.1, or Fantasy. Those all appeal to me. I only voted on N.G.1 though.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum